Incredible scenery, plenty of wide-open space, relaxing geothermal water and a conscientious populous that's stayed ahead of the pandemic curve—there's so much that's appealing about Iceland. As we start dreaming about travel again, here’s why Iceland should be on your radar.
1. Super Safe. Iceland is one of the few countries in Europe not reporting major increase in COVID cases. As soon as restrictions ease, Iceland may be one of the safest places to visit.
2. Social Distancing Galore. It's easy to skip the crowds in Iceland, a country with a sparse population and more than a fifth of its landmass protected for wildland conservation. Feel the freedom of roaming the wilds here.
3. Wellness and Relaxation. People in Iceland are experts at keeping their cool. Their motto of "Þetta reddast" breaks any tension. This is one of the happiest places on earth. A lot of that may have to do with a propensity for relaxation and an abundance of geothermal waters. If you're keen to relax, this is a surprisingly good place. Nothing is more exciting for the wellness travel scene than the 2021 launch of Sky Lagoon, the most buzz-worthy experience to come to Iceland this year.
4. Reunion Travel. So many of us are aching to explore some place new with the people we miss most. Iceland is amazing for all ages and is a perfect multi-generational destination.
5. The Power of Nature. Amidst the challenges of the past year, many have found solace and wisdom in nature. Here in Iceland, where there's scenery that's seemingly from another world altogether, large problems can start to feel small and perspectives can shift and settle. All around us, we see evidence of beauty and power of nature here.
6. Quieter than previous years. There's no denying that the tourism scene in Iceland has been booming over the past few years. This may be one of the quietest years, where you can experience Iceland with intimacy and inspiration.
7. Bucket-list Adventure. Keen to get back out there and chase your dreams? Watching the Northern Lights, seeing puffins in their rookery, driving the Ring Road—Iceland has must-dos a plenty!
We're looking forward to welcoming the world back to Iceland as soon as it's safe to do so. In the meantime, keep dreaming!
We are building a team of passionate people determined to make a difference in the places we love. Every effort counts. Meet more of them here and discover how Promise to Place is the real deal.